CBN55-0002 – Smooth Power Flash Tuner Stage 2 Software FXX M235i, 335i, 435i, 535i (EWG)/(MPPK)
- Stage 1 Software $750
- Flash Tuner $299
- Exhaust overrun burble option – $100.00
- Saves stock program
- Reads and clears faults
- Upgrades can be emailed to you and installed in your flash tuner using your personal computer
Calculated Flywheel Power:
OEM Stock: 337HP / 377TQ
Tuned 93 Octane: 418HP / 417TQ
Measured Wheel Power:
OEM Stock 296WHP / 332WTQ
Tuned 93 Octane: 368WHP / 367WTQ
Stage 2 High Performance Engine Software for N55-equipped M235i, 335i, 435i, 535i (EWG)/(MPPK)
The smooth power flash tuner can upload your stock file for safe keeping, read and clear faults. It can receive software updates from your PC emailed to you by CarBahn. These files can be free updates or increased performance tunes that to match hardware upgrades you purchase from CarBahn. The software comes with a two-year product warranty.
CarBahn software is designed to deliver the highest safe output possible. Smooth Power means software tuned correctly, not over-tuned. We always try to make a natural torque curve, not excessive torque at low RPM that falls off rapidly at high RPM. Excessive torque will break the tires loose, break the engine and drivetrain. Managed torque with a smooth delivery makes the car easier to drive thereby faster and more reliable. Most if not all our competitor tunes attempt to run too much boost, resulting in active knock corrections which causes surging during acceleration.
Most if not all tunes on the market except CarBahn reduce safety parameters in the software in an attempt to extract more power. These safety parameters such as knock control sensitivity, super knocking control sensitivity, and catalyst thermal protection are tuned into your OEM software to prevent engine and catalyst failure. When we reduced all the supposed power robbing software protections we lost less than 8 HP and 8 LB/FT Torque. We have seen many damaged engines as result of reducing these safety parameters! It hardly seems worth it for 8HP.
Doing it yourself:
A note on self-tuning tools. There are now programs available that you can buy to tune your car yourself. Many of these tools come with canned programs. Be careful as tuning a high output engine requires tremendous knowledge and experience to extract maximum power without damage.
A note on down pipes (removing the catalyst). We have run back to back dyno runs with the cat on and off and the power gain is much smaller than most people claim. We all need to breathe the air. Its difficult to get your car its required emissions test without catalyst and it’s illegal.
High boost with stock engine:
We have seen many damaged engines as result of making too much power with a stock engine. While modern engines are very reliable, it is easy to add large turbochargers and water methanol injection and break the engine.
About Steve Dinan:
Steve Dinan has over 40 years of street car turbo experience. As an engine supplier we won 3 prototype racing championships and two overall wins at the 24hrs of Daytona partnering with Chip Ganassi Racing. No one know more about tuning high performance engines than Steve Dinan.
- 2010-2017 BMW 535i Base Gran Turismo
- 2011-2013 BMW 135i Base Convertible
- 2011-2013 BMW 135i Base Coupe
- 2011-2016 BMW 535i Base Sedan
- 2011-2016 BMW 535i xDrive Sedan
- 2011-2017 BMW 535i xDrive Gran Turismo
- 2012-2015 BMW 335i Base Sedan
- 2012-2018 BMW 640i Base Coupe
- 2013-2015 BMW 335i xDrive Sedan
- 2013-2015 BMW 740i Base Sedan
- 2013-2015 BMW 740Li Base Sedan
- 2013-2019 BMW 640i Base Gran Coupe
- 2014-2016 BMW 335i xDrive Gran Turismo
- 2014-2016 BMW 435i Base Coupe
- 2014-2016 BMW 435i xDrive Coupe
- 2014-2016 BMW 435i Base Gran Coupe
- 2014-2016 BMW 435i xDrive Gran Coupe
- 2014-2016 BMW M235i Base Coupe
- 2014-2018 BMW 640i xDrive Coupe
- 2014-2019 BMW 640i xDrive Gran Coupe
- 2015-2016 BMW M235i xDrive Coupe
- 2015-2016 BMW M235i Base Convertible
- 2016 BMW M235i xDrive Convertible
Robert Borsch –
Really enjoying the power this tune has made on my M235i. I would recommend this to anyone wanting truly smooth reliable power.